Front-end HPLC Supporting High Precision Proteome Analysis
Proteome analysis, an exhaustive analytical technique for analyzing proteins, is primarily conducted using ESI-LCMS or MALDI-TOFMS. Many proteins and peptides are extremely minute in quantity, requiring the enhanced sensitivity provided by mass spectrometers. Therefore, there is great demand for a stable front-end HPLC that can support such micro-level flow rates.
The Prominence nano is a nanoflow LC system consisting of Prominence Series units, including a flow line switching valve for nano-level flow control, and a solvent delivery unit that demonstrates excellent flow rate accuracy even at nano-level flows. Two system configurations are available, including a basic 1-dimensional system that adopts the trap injection system and a 2-dimensional system in which reversed-phase separation is automatically conducted following the first stage cation-exchange separation.
High-precision proteome analysis is strongly supported by the Prominence Series and its array of features and technologies, such as excellent retention time repeatability through a high-accuracy flow rate, a low-dead volume switching valve and its low sample carryover autosampler, to name a few.
Basic Performance of Prominence nano
- Accurate solvent delivery at nano flow rates with newly-developed nano flow sensor
- Low solvent consumption with reflux flow control system
- Low-volume nano valve – excellent performance and ruggedness –
- Higher-sensitivity analysis with less sample volume
Intuitive operation with Nano-Assist control software
- Intuitive operation via graphical user interface
- Visual monitoring of instrument operational status
- Convenient setting of 2-dimensional LC parameters
Application in Proteome Analysis
- Data reliability through high retention time repeatability
- High degree of separation utilizing 2-dimensional LC